Re: [Qemu-discuss] A few bugs and updating QEMU

From: Jake Thomas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] A few bugs and updating QEMU
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:18:57 -0700

For some reason or lack thereof, these messages weren't showing up in the archives, so I'm sending them "back" in in attempts to get them there.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mike Lovell <address@hidden>
Date: June 15, 2012 11:03:31 AM PDT
To: Jake Thomas <address@hidden>

On 06/14/2012 01:24 PM, Jake Thomas wrote:
I complied with "./configure" then "make -j8" (I have 8 hyperthreads as well).

I got a:

 cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
  CC    libhw64/hw/usb/hcd-ohci.o
make: *** [ui/vnc-tls.o] Error 1

But I'm guessing that's just fine. I did "sudo make install" and doing "qemu --version" or "qemu-system-x86_64 --version" result in saying that the command was not found.

I have done "ls /usr/local/bin/qemu*" and there is nothing.
"ls /usr/bin/qemu*" showes nothing as well.

Did it disappear?

no. it didn't get built. an Error usually means there was a problem where the compilation couldn't complete. you can verify this by looking for x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 in your source directory. if its not there, it didn't finish.

odd that you're still getting these errors. i'm at a loss cause the compilation issues you're describing were fixed a while ago and it appears you are getting from the right source tree. does `git show` in your source tree say the the source is at a recent commit? thats all i got to check at the moment.

mike