Re: [Qemu-discuss] Host-Bridge in routed TAP Mode

From: Sven Gehr
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Host-Bridge in routed TAP Mode
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:46:36 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 25. September 2013, 10:30:15 schrieb Vlad Yasevich:

>  From what I understand, routed mode is just that.  It depends
> on ip forwarding being enabled for the interfaces and it will
> try to route the packets from your bridge out through your designated
> interface.

Exactly, all packets from/to the bridging should be routed to the interface
eth0.

> What you seem to be looking for is a bridged configuration where
> you connect the physical nic and virtial nic to the same bridge.

I can not say exactly. I think my problem is that the physical interface is
not connected to the bridge. I recognize the fact that everything works if
I'll add it manually with:

brctl addif intern eth0

> I don't see libvirt support that in their virtual network config.

I do not understand. How do I add libvirt support in my configuration?

> You can used libvirt to setup a bridged interface in the Network
> Interfaces tab though.

I have no graphical interface on the system. What is missing in my xml-file?

sorry for my english, I do my best with google-translater :-(

--
Viele GrĂ¼sse

Sven Gehr