[Qemu-discuss] deleted inodes in qemu-nbd snapshot

From: Raphael Bauduin
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] deleted inodes in qemu-nbd snapshot
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 09:00:40 +0200

Hi,

I'm taking snapshots of a disk image with qemu-nbd, but I regularly have files with deleted inodes in the snapshot. Here's what I do exactly:

  virsh shutdown $domain

  while virsh list | grep $domain > /dev/null;  do
    sleep 2
  done
  echo 'Domain stopped'
  # Sleep to see if it avoids deleted inodes in the snapshot
  sleep 5

  disk_file=$(virsh domblklist $domain | grep vda | awk '{print $2}')
  echo disk file = $disk_file

  qemu-nbd --snapshot --read-only --connect /dev/nbd${nbd_num}  --nocache $disk_file
  # Sleep to see if it avoids deleted inodes in the snapshot
  sleep 5
  # Now that we have the snapshot, start the kvm
  virsh start $domain

Can it somehow be due to changes done on the disk by the running domain? (the error  often happens with pid files)

In the hope someone can help me further debug this

Thanks

Raph