Re: [Qemu-discuss] Network Migration During Live Migration

From: Dale R. Worley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Network Migration During Live Migration
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 22:47:52 -0500

Azizul Hakim <address@hidden> writes:
> Is there any command line option to assign IP and MAC addresses to the VM?.
> I know we can assign network device but how do we assign IP and MAC so that
> the VM works properly even after migration.

IIRC, there are command line options to assign MAC addresses to the VM's
interfaces, beause that's a feature of the hardware.  IP assignment is
done inside the software that's running on the VM, essentially because
IP address interpretation is done by the software after the packet has
arrived at the interface with the correct MAC address.

Dale