[Qemu-discuss] Connecting a physical device to a qemu socket network

From: Josh Powers
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Connecting a physical device to a qemu socket network
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:50:35 +0000

I am creating a virtual network with a bunch of qemu guests all using the qemu socket network interface and it works wonderfully.  However I have a need to connect a physical device into my virtual network and I am curious if there is any reasonable way to get a virtual network adapter on the physical device (running linux) that can connect / listen for qemu socket type networking connections.

Basically if something exists my assumption is it would be a virtual network adapter that has configuration allowing it to set a listen port/connect ip/port.  However I dont know if such a thing exists.

Thanks in advance.