Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized gue

From: guillaume.menant
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized guest OS (on Arndale board)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 16:11:34 +0000

On 5 February 2015 at 10:44, Eric Valette <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 05/02/2015 11:39, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> For Android emulation you'll need 3D acceleration to get good
>> performance anyway, which upstream QEMU doesn't have.

> Granted.

You might want to investigate the new upstream Android emulator
work (the key term is "ranchu") which should combine Google's
GL acceleration support with a new enough QEMU to support KVM
on ARM. This is all still rather work-in-progress though so
you'd need to be prepared to get your hands dirty debugging
and fixing stuff. In the longer term it's probably the best
solution to what you're aiming for I suspect.

-- PMM

I just found out that mouse and keyboard are working correctly BUT the issue is
that QEMU graphical window is badly refreshed... It's also linked to my other
message about the graphical issue.

- I start my guest through QEMU and I get a black screen on QEMU graphical
window

GRAPHICAL part
- I switch to QEMU monitor and perform "sendkey ctrl-alt-f1" to switch to TTY1
guest console
-> I switch back to guest interface (previously full black) and TTY1 prompt is
visible
- I switch to QEMU monitor and perform "sendkey ctrl-alt-f7" to switch to guest
desktop
-> I switch back to guest interface and desktop is now visible...
-> So I guess desktop was already "there" but window was not "refreshed"

KEYBOARD/MOUSE part
- I switch to QEMU monitor and perform "sendkey ctrl-alt-f1" to switch to TTY1
guest console
-> I switch back to guest interfaceand TTY1 prompt is visible
- I press several keys like "abcdefg"
-> Nothing is visible next to the prompt
- I switch to QEMU monitor and perform "sendkey ctrl-alt-f7" to switch to guest
desktop
- I switch to QEMU monitor and perform "sendkey ctrl-alt-f1" to switch to TTY1
guest console
-> Text "abcdefg" is now visible
-> It seems again that switch between TTY1 and desktop refreshes keyboard and
mouse events (also tested the same way with mouse). Switch between TTY1 and
QEMU monitor does not have any effect.

Does it helps you on you issue ?

Regards,

falsifie. Merci.