[Qemu-discuss] fsfreeze: not smart enough about duplicate/bind mounts?

From: Christian Theune
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] fsfreeze: not smart enough about duplicate/bind mounts?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 16:48:52 +0100

Hi,

I just stumbled over a situation where fsfreeze wasn’t smart enough to notice
that it tried to freeze the same filesystem twice (which ends in a “device or
resource busy”).

Here’s how the mount looked like:

/dev/vda1 on / type xfs (rw,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota)
/dev/vda1 on /nix/store type xfs (ro,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota)

I see that Qemu has support for detecting bind mounts, and this _should_ be
one, but I guess it’s really not. At least from what I can tell.

For now, I’m running without the second mount to make things work, but it would
be really nice if the guest agent could be improved.

Cheers!
Christian

--
Christian Theune · address@hidden · +49 345 219401 0