Re: [Qemu-discuss] Windows-10 virtualization and nested virtualization

From: Jeff Forbes
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Windows-10 virtualization and nested virtualization
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 17:45:57 +0000

I was responding to Bandan Das' comment about Hyper-v NOT running when
the hypervisor flag is present. What I observed was just the opposite.
With "-cpu host,+vmx" Hyper-V will try to start the VM and then report
that a component required by Hyper-V failed to start. The end result is
the same; however, with the kernel and qemu-kvm in Fedora-22 the VMBus
device does not start. Now with the the latest kernel and qemu-kvm,
VMBus starts, but the same error is given. Progress from all of the
hard work of the KVM developers. I am afraid that helping in this area
is beyond my current abilities, so I must defer to you and your colleag
ues.

Paolo,
Since you are the most likely person to know, is Hyper-V nested
virtualization likely to work with KVM in the near term?

Jeff