Re: How to stop Qemu from resetting terminal?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: How to stop Qemu from resetting terminal?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:54:27 +0000

On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 at 23:56, Dave Blanchard <dave@killthe.net> wrote:

> > Hmm. Well, we do put the terminal into raw mode (so that we
> > get stuff like ^C), but that is supposed to be reset when
> > QEMU exits.
>
> Can you please direct me to where in the source code this happens?

It happens in different places depending on what your command
line is, which is why I asked about that. For instance the
ncurses frontend code is all in ui/curses.c. The parts in
chardev/ are for when you set up a chardev that uses
stdio (eg with "-serial stdio"). And there might be some generic
terminal cleanup code somewhere, I forget.

-- PMM