qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] [HelenOS-devel] Regression in ppc-softmmu when running He

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [HelenOS-devel] Regression in ppc-softmmu when running HelenOS
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:15:22 +0000

On 17/03/12 19:24, Martin Sucha wrote:

Note that HelenOS kernel output is supposed to be yellow text on blue
background (the kernel output is shown before user space console overtakes the
framebuffer).

I've uploaded a screenshot of early HelenOS kernel output at
http://ho.st.dcs.fmph.uniba.sk/~mato/helenos/snapshot5.png
(the white banner at the top scrolls out when more text is printed and may be
visible only during a very short period of time when run with acceleration)

Is this what you see?

Hi Martin,

Yes, that matches exactly what I see. The blue tinge I was referring to only appears if I override the bit-depth clamping to 15 whilst forcing QEMU to use a 16 bit-depth framebuffer with "-g 800x600x16", i.e. HelenOS doesn't use the correct VISUAL_RGB_5_6_5_BE constant for a 16 bit-depth framebuffer as pointed out in Martin's previous email.

ATB,

Mark.