qemu-stable

Re: [Qemu-stable] CentOS 6.4 - Updating qemu-kvm

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-stable] CentOS 6.4 - Updating qemu-kvm
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:05:35 +0400

Guys, this is over the top.  This message is so much wrong in
so many places, I don't even understand from which direction
to say "go away" (if not ruder).  Oh well.

First, he uses an operating system (redhat) with great development
effort and with good support, but for free, wanting just good software
but not wanting to pay a cent.

At the same time, he uses very decent hardware which costs lots of
money, from which the real RH support costs only small fraction.

Second, because he is so greedy to pay for the good software
(but is proud of his pricey hardware), he is asking for support
from the free community, which has nothing to do with the version
managed by redhat because of the lots of changes they made.

But third, instead of asking some real question like "how to
reduce high load of windows guest", he base his thought on some
random semi-related posts on the internet and demand for a
_procedure_, a howto to update the most recent RH 6.4 version
to even more recent one.  And again, asking this question
from the qemu community instead of redhat/centos, which is
obviously also rude.

And last, he is asking this stupid question in qemu-stable@
mailinglist, which is created to receive PATCHES for the
stable releases.

Oh well.

Sorry for the top posting, but this is priceless.

/mjt