qemu-stable

Re: [Qemu-stable] CentOS 6.4 - Updating qemu-kvm

From: Steve Amerige
Subject: Re: [Qemu-stable] CentOS 6.4 - Updating qemu-kvm
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:55:55 -0400

Hi Michael,

The internet, indeed, is a source of rudeness as you demonstrate. But, I meant no disrespect and am frankly surprised at the vigor of your response.

I am using CentOS, not RHEL. I provided system configuration information in the hope that it would be helpful (certainly not to boast). And, I have been hunting for a long time to get answers and hope to find some answers. Rather than flaming the question immediately, please just ask a question directly back to me for clarification and I will do my best to answer. In other words, give me the benefit of the doubt. If it isn't worth your time, don't bother responding.

I went to the qemu-kvm website because I thought it might be the place to learn more about how to get the latest qemu-kvm on my server. Was I wrong about this? I see that there are several mailing lists and figured the one named "stable" is for stable releases of qemu-kvm. Should I be using the qemu-users mailing list for this kind of question?

I have already asked the CentOS community (as the links I provided show), and I haven't gotten anywhere. So, I figured to come to the source: qemu-kvm.

Again, if you know how I might solve this problem, I look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions regarding anything I've asked, please don't hesitate to ask me for clarification.

Thanks for any help!

Enjoy,
Steve Amerige