qemu-stable

[Qemu-stable] Configure error with --enable-docs

From: Binarus
Subject: [Qemu-stable] Configure error with --enable-docs
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 09:53:43 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to compile and install qemu 1.4.1 with the according man pages.
Obviously, when compiling / installing from source, the default is to not build
and install the man pages. Thus, I first tried to get an idea of the available
configure options by doing

./configure --help

which had the following line in its output:

  --enable-docs            enable documentation build

I was hoping that this option would be responsible for building / installing
the man pages, so I tried

./configure --enable-docs

Unfortunately, this gave an error message:

ERROR
ERROR: User requested feature docs
ERROR: configure was not able to find it
ERROR

Could somebody tell me how to resolve that error, or what else I could do to
get the man pages installed? I know that (after compiling / installing) I can
do qemu --help, but it doesn't help me much to see what command line options
are available; I need explanations about the meaning of each option.

By the way, the man pages for the version I have used until now (I think it was
0.13) were absolutely brilliant - a big thanks to the developers!

Thanks for any help,

Binarus