qemu-stable

Re: [Qemu-stable] Configure error with --enable-docs

From: Dunrong Huang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-stable] Configure error with --enable-docs
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 17:52:30 +0800

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Binarus <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to compile and install qemu 1.4.1 with the according man pages. Obviously, when compiling / installing from source, the default is to not build and install the man pages. Thus, I first tried to get an idea of the available configure options by doing

./configure --help

which had the following line in its output:

  --enable-docs            enable documentation build

I was hoping that this option would be responsible for building / installing the man pages, so I tried

./configure --enable-docs

Unfortunately, this gave an error message:

ERROR
ERROR: User requested feature docs
ERROR: configure was not able to find it
ERROR
Have you installed texinfo in your system? It's needed when building with --enable-docs

Could somebody tell me how to resolve that error, or what else I could do to get the man pages installed? I know that (after compiling / installing) I can do qemu --help, but it doesn't help me much to see what command line options are available; I need explanations about the meaning of each option.

By the way, the man pages for the version I have used until now (I think it was 0.13) were absolutely brilliant - a big thanks to the developers!

Thanks for any help,

Binarus

--
Best Regards,