qemu-stable

[Qemu-stable] Qemu ARM Debian Squeeze installation

From: Dario Piantanida
Subject: [Qemu-stable] Qemu ARM Debian Squeeze installation
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 12:39:59 +0100

Hello, I used to have a nice Debian 6 ARM QEMU VM that worked fine.
I regularly updated Qemu (on Win x64) up to latest available (2.1.15).

I recently changed my PC, so I instelled back the same QEMU version.
Unfortunately I broke the hd image, so I started a new installation, but I can't complete it!

I had an initrd that should start a network installation, but now it can't find any ethernet adapter!
I tried different -net parameters combination, but without success.

I also tried using a DVD Iso to start the setup, but it always wants a nic adapter (I'm not user I'm correctly booting from ISO, though).

Can anybody asist in setting up the VM again?

Thank you very much!

Dario