qemu-stable

Re: [Qemu-stable] Stable QEMU branches and submodules

From: Janick Bergeron
Subject: Re: [Qemu-stable] Stable QEMU branches and submodules
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 19:37:57 +0000

Turned out to indeed be a GIT issue: when using submodules, do not specify the ‘–remote’ option to the ‘git submodule update’ command as this will cause the submodules to be updated to the latest version on the ‘master’ branch. You want to stick to the version identified by the SHA-1 saved in the Qemu top project.