Re: [Qexo-general] Escaping reserved words

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] Escaping reserved words
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 20:58:54 -0700

John A.Walsh wrote:
So I'm wondering if this escaping should work in Qexo, or is QuiP
unnecessarily requiring the escaping.

The issue of reserved names is a contenious one - see issue 5 in the
specifcation.  If they fix the grammar to not use reserved names,
then the escpaing won't be needed.  The Qexo grammar is somewhat
context-dependent, and the lexer does not treat type or text as
reserved words.

Of course I could add support for ecaping, though I'm hoping a new
revison will resolve the issue.

I dislike reserved names in programming languages.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/