[Qexo-general] Qexo Performance with Huge xml files

From: Seshukumar Venkata Adiraju
Subject: [Qexo-general] Qexo Performance with Huge xml files
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:46:52 +0530

I'm interested to know what are the performance implications of very
huge xml files.

I have some auto generated xml files which I'm querying using xquery.
There is a possibility that some of these files may be huge. (As big as
1.8MB)

What will be the impact of querying such files.
I had tried two scenario's,

a) I ran a small xquery in the large xml file, it returns in reasonable
time.
b) I tried a largish xquery (to generate a html) on this large xml, it
takes a long time to return. During this time the CPU goes to 100%, but
memory is still manageable.

How do I improve performance in such situations

Thanks

Seshu Kumar Adiraju
SETLabs, Infosys Technologies Limited

  In all chaos there is a cosmos,