Re: [Qexo-general] Qexo Performance with Huge xml files

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] Qexo Performance with Huge xml files
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:41:57 -0800

Seshukumar Venkata Adiraju wrote:
a) I ran a small xquery in the large xml file, it returns in reasonable
time.
b) I tried a largish xquery (to generate a html) on this large xml, it
takes a long time to return. During this time the CPU goes to 100%, but
memory is still manageable.

How do I improve performance in such situations

You must first understand why the performance is poor.
You could compile to a classfile, and examine it.
(Easier would be to "dis-assemble" to Java - but I
suspect you'll have time finding one that can
handle Qexo-generated classes.)

Java profiling tools may help, if they can handle
bytecode well.

Note that each 'for' is implemented as a loop, so
nested 'for' expressions can be quite expensive.
Qexo (at this point) has no support for building
an index.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/