Re: [Qexo-general] W3C XQuery Library?

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] W3C XQuery Library?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:20:09 -0800

address@hidden wrote:
A naive question: Are all the functions described in the W3C "XQuery
Functions and Operators" going to be implemented?

That is the goal.  However, there is no schedule for doing so,
so for now they will be implemented as people get the urge.
Which brings us to:

Is there some documentation on how to add these core library functions
to qexo?  I saw a post (by M. Vezzoli) about including "date" and
"time" functions; but it seems there are not available in the last
kawa release (kawa-1.7beta1.jar).

Alas, not really.  There was various ways of doing so.  I'd want
to provide a simple way where you can just specify a method it
woudl call.  For that, I just checked in a define_method method
in gnu.expr.Interpreter.  Unfortunately, the method call does not
get resolved statically, as I had hoped.  I'll try to resolve
that quickly.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/