Re: [Qexo-general] W3C XQuery Library?

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] W3C XQuery Library?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:01:41 -0800

address@hidden wrote:
Is there some documentation on how to add these core library functions
to qexo?  I saw a post (by M. Vezzoli) about including "date" and
"time" functions; but it seems there are not available in the last
kawa release (kawa-1.7beta1.jar).

I checked in some stuff to make it easy to implement new functions.
You just have to write some static methods, and name them using
define_method.  The 'substring' example (see gnu.xquery.lang.XQuery
and gnu.xquery.util.StringValues) shows you can even use overloading.

As I mentioned yesterday: These are not optimized by Qexo into
direct java 'invokestatic' operations, as they would be in
Kawa-Scheme.  However, that is a general problem that I
need to fix ASAP.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/