Re: [Qexo-general] declare variable problem

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] declare variable problem
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:58:37 -0800

Joseph Coffland wrote:

I created a simple XQuery file called input.xql with the following
contents:

  declare variable $input {"test.xml"};

  <node file="{$input}"/>

I ran the following command:

  java -jar kawa-1.7.90.jar --xquery input.xql

Hm.  Not quite sure why it doesn't work, but it is
presumably in how variable declarations get mapped to
Symbol objects in the global Environment.

It works if you compile it:

java -jar kawa-1.7.90.jar --xquery --main -C input.xql
java input

I'm in the middle of re-vamping XQuery modules and the
prologue, so it may not get fixed until that is done,
But (alas) your testcase doesn't work in my working copy
either, but I'll take a look.

Hopefully compiling the file is an acceptable work-around.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/