[Qexo-general] CUP and JFlex for Qexo

From: Joseph Coffland
Subject: [Qexo-general] CUP and JFlex for Qexo
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:08:31 -0500

Has anyone thought about rewriting the Qexo parser/lexer with the CUP and
JFlex tools?  The existing parser is a fine piece of work, but it would
be easier to modify and maintain a CUP/JFlex based parser.  W3.org is now
releasing a complete CUP grammar as part of the XQuery recommendation.
It should be easier to keep up with the spec this way.

I would be willing to put my money where my mouth is and work on this,
but I don't want to step on any toes.  Does this idea conflict with
Qexo's design goals?

Joseph
--
  Joseph Coffland