qpimd-users

Re: [qpimd-users] self as a neighbor

From: Everton Marques
Subject: Re: [qpimd-users] self as a neighbor
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:34:19 -0300

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Andrew Lunn <address@hidden> wrote:

> O.K. At the moment i'm i don't know what is stopping pimd
> working. This was just the first thing i noticed. More issues will follow
> soon....

Whenever qpimd seems not to be working the first command I verify is:
show ip mroute
Note that it should reflect the output of: cat /proc/net/ip_mr_cache

If "show ip mroute" result differs from what you expected, I suggest
to check  other commands in the following sequence:

! On last-hop router (attached to mcast receiver)
!
show ip mroute (kernel mcast cache is correct?)
show ip pim upstream (we joined our upstream?)
show ip pim neighbor (upstream is neighbor?)
show ip pim interface (pim enabled on both receiver interface and
upstream interface?)
show ip igmp sources (receiver joined on interface?)
show ip igmp interface (igmp enabled on receiver interface?)
show ip multicast (multicast enabled at all?)

! On first-hop router (attached to mcast source)
!
show ip mroute (kernel mcast cache is correct?)
show ip pim join (downstream joined us?)
show ip pim neighbor (downstream is neighbor?)
show ip pim interface (pim enabled on interfaces?)
show ip multicast (multicast enabled at all?)

Hope this helps.

Everton