qsos-general

Re: [QSOS-general] Wiki grid

From: François Le Droff
Subject: Re: [QSOS-general] Wiki grid
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:50:09 +0200

"intelligent merge" : yes i guessed we should add that one feature.

Now regarding "ability to lock just a part of a document" :

Do you know any wiki doing that ?

to implement that, I guess you 'd have to other choice but defining section, i.e. sub-document, and then,
this feature is already listed somehow, it is:
* Content Includes : Inclusion of pages inside another wiki page

isn't it ?

Thanks for your feedback !
Cheers !

François

On 10/17/06, GONERI LE BOUDER < address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Just as Raphael did for ESB, I'm currently building a features matrix in
> order to compare Wiki open source solutions with the QSOS method (
> http://www.qsos.org/).
>
> Here is a first draft, in case any of you have comments, feedback.
IMO, one of the post important feature for a wiki is its capability to lock just one small
part of the document. Wikimedia doesn't have such feature and editing a big page is
a lot of pains. you'll get a conflict if someone commit a change before you (and this is
what apprend every time :)).

> * access to each pages history/versioning
>   * unlimited/limited number of document revisions
> * supports for version differencing ("diff") and retrieving prior versions.
>   * Revision Diffs with the latest/all ?
> * supports for retrieving/rollbacking to prior versions.
>   *rollback to the latest/all ?
* intelligent merge: capability to merge minor changes created from a older revision
of the document.
* ability to lock just a part of a document

Regards,

          Gonéri

--

François Le Droff