Re: [Quilt-dev] configure.in

From: James Rowe
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] configure.in
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:23:09 +0000

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:47:32 +0100
Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden> wrote:

> backup-files is still lacking tests for the results of autoconf. Also
> there should probably be a config.h[.in].

  There was before you dismissed the autoconf and automake solution on
Friday.

> >   Also dist now uses tar's '-h' flag, incase anyone else is like me
> > and tends to build from a lndir'd root.
>
> Again I don't see how this could be useful in this case. Since it
> doesn't hurt either I've added it.

  To repeat the point try building a dist tarball without it from a
lndir'd directory.

> I've also removed other stuff that wasn't too helpful, like an
> Automake leftover in configure.in,

  Totally my fault, I still have automake in my local version and
a totally different patch on top of configure.in because quilt is pretty
much totally unusable in its current state without it on 5 out of the 7
machines I can test on here.

  This despondent tone to my mail is the result of it now being /more/
work to use quilt then it was last week or for that matter even
pre-'cvs update'.

Jay

--

www.jnrowe.uklinux.net
GnuPG key fingerprint = 7721 D12B 822B 20FE FCE6  B2B7 7CDF C9DF D16A