Re: [Quilt-dev] configure.in

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] configure.in
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 13:01:31 +0100

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:51:52AM +0000, James Rowe wrote:

>   If you are wondering why I haven't being commiting direct to CVS it is
> because there have been way to many differences on my part already and
> I think it would be foolish and wrong for me to be commiting *any*
> non-bugfix changes until [hopefully] I am agreement with the viewers of
> others.

Do you mean that sending tons of patches (and diff between patches versions)
to the mailling list instead of commiting stuff to a tagged CVS is supposed
to be easier for us? ;)

Or do you mean that all the patches do you send are only proof of concept,
and that you need more time to finalize them? Looks good to me.

Really, I can't understand why you don't commit your configure.in and
Makefile.in

Both solution can live together in the CVS, even if testing the configure
will rip the manual makefile, so we can wait until we are sure the autotools
based approach works as well as the good old manual one to remove the
Makefile from CVS.

Please, go ahead and commit configure.in, Makefile.in and config/
(but leave Makefile here for now).

Bye, Mt.

--
Und auch jetzt ist ein Mensch mehr Affe als irgend ein Affe.
          --- F. Nietzsche