Re: [Quilt-dev] tarball reminder

From: Josh Boyer
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] tarball reminder
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 15:09:05 -0500

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 11:44:08AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 02:42:00PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > I noticed a version bump to 0.40 yesterday.  This is just a friendly
> > reminder to get a tarball up on
> >
> > http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/quilt/
>
> Well, I can't because it's not tagged yet and tags are mandatory to my
> script...

Hm, good point.  I didn't notice that.  Is there some formal method for deciding
when to bump and tag a version?  Or is it just a matter of tagging all the files
at CVS HEAD when the version is bumped?

I ask because anyone with developer access should be able to create the tag.
But I know that I wouldn't want to do that unless I was sure a) I knew what to
tag, and b) that is was really to tag and release.

josh