[Quilt-dev] bug: existing patches directory upper in file system hierarc

From: jerome lacoste
Subject: [Quilt-dev] bug: existing patches directory upper in file system hierarchy causes trouble
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:37:35 +0200

If you have a patches directory in one of the parent of your current
directory, quilt doesn't work as I would like it to when I create my
first patch. It uses this other directory as patch repository.

E.g.

> mkdir ~/patches
> mkdir ~/projects/
> cd ~/projects
> cvs co quilt
> cd quilt
> quilt new mypatch.diff

mypatch.diff ends up in  ~/patches not in ~/projects/quilt/patches

creating a patches directory in the current directory before calling
quilt new seems to solve the issue.

Is there another way to avoid the issue? E.g. by adding a tag file in
the non quilt 'patches' directory?

Cheers

Jerome