Re: [Quilt-dev] bug: existing patches directory upper in file system hie

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] bug: existing patches directory upper in file system hierarchy causes trouble
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:03:21 +0200

On Sunday 12 June 2005 15:37, jerome lacoste wrote:
> If you have a patches directory in one of the parent of your current
> directory, quilt doesn't work as I would like it to when I create my
> first patch. It uses this other directory as patch repository.
>
> E.g.
>
> > mkdir ~/patches
> > mkdir ~/projects/
> > cd ~/projects
> > cvs co quilt
> > cd quilt
> > quilt new mypatch.diff
>
> mypatch.diff ends up in  ~/patches not in ~/projects/quilt/patches
>
> creating a patches directory in the current directory before calling
> quilt new seems to solve the issue.

Yes. People have asked for his behavior. Originally the new command always
assumed that the current directory was the topmost directory, while all other
commands worked from sub-directories. That was changed though.

> Is there another way to avoid the issue? E.g. by adding a tag file in
> the non quilt 'patches' directory?

I don't think that would be practical. I didn't have this problem often...

-- Andreas.