Re: [Quilt-dev] merging with upstream and adding new files

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] merging with upstream and adding new files
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:27:55 +0200

[Jerome Lacoste]
> Second attempt :)

[Andreas Gruenbacher]
> Okay, here are a few changes from me as well. Fine?

Looks good to me. Great work guys :)

Just one minor comment:

> +After the refresh, the patch and the working state are the same.

I don't think this is true anymore. When using the
--strip-trailing-whitespace option of quilt refresh, the patch may not
match the current state. I think this caused some trouble to me already
(I had to force pop commands). I stopped using this option because of
that. I think this is a problem, but have no idea how it can be solved.
Anyone wants to comment on this?

Thanks,