[Quilt-dev] Re: quilt pop -a not popping all

From: jerome lacoste
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Re: quilt pop -a not popping all
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:20:46 +0200

On 6/21/05, jerome lacoste <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 6/7/05, jerome lacoste <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Is there a known issue with quilt pop -a?
> >
> > I have to apply it twice in a row in order for it to be working on a
> > set of patches.
> > It stops while popping one of the patches, not restoring the file.
>
> I am still having the issue. I am using quilt in an automated process,
> and making sure quilt pop -a works is crucial otherwise it breaks my
> surrounding scripts.

pop -a doesn't work because push didn't work in the first place.

address@hidden> quilt push
Applying patch 100_misc_fixes.txt
Patch patches/100_misc_fixes.txt appears to be empty
Patch 100_misc_fixes.txt appears to be empty, applied

Now at patch 100_misc_fixes.txt

I had manually modified my series and misnamed my patch file extension...
But quilt error message could be improved. The file does not "appear
to be empty". It just doesn't exist at all.

This should probably end up in a failure as it causes issues when
trying to pop all. push all shouldn't work.

Cheers,

Jerome