[Quilt-dev] [OT] 'headers' in patches

From: jerome lacoste
Subject: [Quilt-dev] [OT] 'headers' in patches
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:42:53 +0200

I've seen that one embed a description header in patches. E.g. it's
used by Linux developers to describe and sign their work.

The patch man states

       patch  tries  to  skip  any leading garbage, apply the diff,
and then skip any trailing garbage.  Thus you could feed an article or
message containing a diff listing to patch, and it should work. [..]

I am wondering:
- are this description and the lines that follow the official
documentation of the patch format?

-.are there any known issues with quilt dealing with patches
containing a description? In particular, is there a way for me to lose
them?

Cheers,

Jerome