Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt presentation

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt presentation
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:02:03 +0200

Hi Jerome,

> The presentation is mostly done. I still have to check if quilt runs
> in Cygwin (if anyone could lend me a hand with that I will appreciate.
> I am not sure I have a Windows machine running near by).

Unfortunately, quilt doesn't run in Cygwin. I tried, and if I remember
correctly, backup-files failed to compile because it wanted a library
named FTW which Cygwin doesn't have.

> It's currently optmized for my laptop's resolution (1600x1200), so it
> would require a little bit of font size tuning to make it fit on a
> different machine. That's the main drawback.

Beware that your laptop resolution is irrelevant if you end up using a
video projector. You'll most likely have to lower your video resolution
to 800x600 or 1024x768 at best for the video projector to work properly,
so you should really ensure that your presentation fits in this
resolution.