Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt presentation

From: jerome lacoste
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt presentation
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:45:44 +0200

On 7/1/05, Jean Delvare <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Jerome,
>
> > The presentation is mostly done. I still have to check if quilt runs
> > in Cygwin (if anyone could lend me a hand with that I will appreciate.
> > I am not sure I have a Windows machine running near by).
>
> Unfortunately, quilt doesn't run in Cygwin. I tried, and if I remember
> correctly, backup-files failed to compile because it wanted a library
> named FTW which Cygwin doesn't have.

according to the BUGS file, backup-files is only used because of a bug
in old patch, which may have been fixed in the version used in cygwin.
In theory, quilt could be build against normal patch when patch is
recent enough, right?

I found a couple of other interesting links:

> > It's currently optmized for my laptop's resolution (1600x1200), so it
> > would require a little bit of font size tuning to make it fit on a
> > different machine. That's the main drawback.
>
> Beware that your laptop resolution is irrelevant if you end up using a
> video projector. You'll most likely have to lower your video resolution
> to 800x600 or 1024x768 at best for the video projector to work properly,
> so you should really ensure that your presentation fits in this
> resolution.

Doh. Once I knew that. Thanks for the reminder...

Jerome