[Quilt-dev] Needless dependency in Makefile

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Needless dependency in Makefile
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:31:19 +0200

Hi all,

In the Makefile of quilt there currently is:

$(QUILT:%=quilt/%) : $(SCRIPTS:%=scripts/%)

Could anyone explain to me what this dependency is for? I can't see how
any quilt command file depends of any script file (in the Makefile sense
of dependencies). This however causes all quilt command files to be
regerenated when any script is modified. As I am doing exactly that
right now, it's sort of bugging me.

Thanks,