Re: [Quilt-dev] Call for 0.42

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Call for 0.42
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:37:10 +0200

Hi all,

> > I just finished updating the French translation, Andreas did the
> > German one. Looks like we are ready to release 0.42?

Hm, we have a problem. The recently introducted gettextization of the
perl scripts introduced a dependency on Locale/gettext.pm, which appears
NOT to be part of the standard perl distribution. I am not sure it is
wise to add such a dependency for only error messages - theses perl
scripts are not supposed to talk when everything works fine.

Is it technically possible to only use Locale/gettext.pm if it exists,
and disable internationalization if it doesn't rather than plain die? If
it is possible, then I'd suggest that we do just that.

Thanks,