Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt edit is a bit noisy

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt edit is a bit noisy
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:31:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Andreas,

> > [...] I would like to
> > add a "-q" flag to quilt add, which would do exactly that, and then
> > change "edit" to use that flag when calling "quilt add".
>
> Why not add a flag for "fine if a file is already in the patch"?

That's a possibility, but...

> > 2* We could change "quilt add" not to display the standard message when
> > actually adding a file (i.e. the success case) when -q is used. This
> > would make "quilt edit" even less noisy.
>
> That would be fine with me.

... then we would need to add yet another flag for "fine if a file is
successfully added", or change "fine if a file is already in the
patch" to "fine if a file is successfully added or already in the
patch", which simplifies to "fine if no error", which in turns
matches what I expect from a "quiet" option.

Or would you actually see a benefit in having two separate flags?

Thanks,