Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt edit is a bit noisy

From: Joe Green
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt edit is a bit noisy
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:17:04 -0700

Jean Delvare wrote:

For some reason, I
am fine with "quilt add" shouting at me, but want "quilt edit" to
keep quiet.
I've been playing with a change like this locally myself, so take this as another vote for this change.

The beauty of quilt is that all you will have to do is add
QUILT_ADD_ARGS="-q" to ~/.quiltrc to get the desired behavior.

If anyone really wants it, the quiet behavior of "quilt edit" could be
made an option as well. However, there seemed to be a consensus on the
fact that "quilt edit" was currently too noisy.
Yes, this is what I did...I added "-q" options to both edit and add, and all it does in edit is pass on the "-q" to add.

--
Joe Green <address@hidden>
MontaVista Software, Inc.