Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt example use + presentation

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt example use + presentation
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:42:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Jerome,

> http://www.coffeebreaks.org/blogs/wp-content/archives/talks/2005/quilt/quiltintro-s5.html

I'd have some comments if you are interested:

Slide 11: The name of Andreas Gruenbacher should be mentioned, he's the
maintainer of quilt for the past two years or so. Quilt has grown way
beyond Andrew's original scripts as far as I can see.

Slide 14: The "import" representation is technically incorrect.
Imported patches are placed right after the topmost patches and are not
applied, so in your example, it should point to the top of the
right-hand side stack.

Slide 16: Too many items on this slide, the last one is hardly readable
for me.

Slide 18: Ditto, one too many item. Also, I don't think "quilt grep"
searches in patches. If I read the code correctly, it only search on
"regular files" (skipping the .pc and patches directories).

Slide 25: Ditto, one too many item.

Nice presentation overall, good work.