Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt example use + presentation

From: jerome lacoste
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt example use + presentation
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:46:01 +0200

On 9/21/05, Jean Delvare <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Jerome,
>
> > http://www.coffeebreaks.org/blogs/wp-content/archives/talks/2005/quilt/quiltintro-s5.html
>
> I'd have some comments if you are interested:

ah yes. Let me fix those.

> Slide 11: The name of Andreas Gruenbacher should be mentioned, he's the
> maintainer of quilt for the past two years or so. Quilt has grown way
> beyond Andrew's original scripts as far as I can see.

> Slide 14: The "import" representation is technically incorrect.
> Imported patches are placed right after the topmost patches and are not
> applied, so in your example, it should point to the top of the
> right-hand side stack.

Oops. That will require a diagram change. #/(ยค"#
Thanks for the catch.

"quilt import -h " could be improved to say that.

> Slide 16: Too many items on this slide, the last one is hardly readable
> for me.
>
> Slide 18: Ditto, one too many item. Also, I don't think "quilt grep"
> searches in patches. If I read the code correctly, it only search on
> "regular files" (skipping the .pc and patches directories).

you're right. Gosh. My bad for writing about things I don't use.

> Slide 25: Ditto, one too many item.

Regarding "too many items", I see the issue with slide 25 but not with
16 & 18. What is your resolution and browser?
Could you send one screenshot?

> Nice presentation overall, good work.

Thanks!