Re: [Quilt-dev] running tests on a patched quilt

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] running tests on a patched quilt
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:29:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi John,

[John Vandenberg]
> Sounds reasonable.  I think each test should also remove the main
> directory it creates, so a failed test case doesnt cause others to
> break.

I didn't know whether we wanted to do so or not, as a failed test will
still clear the directory it created. The only cases it wouldn't are
badly written tests and user interrupting a test. On second thought it
makes sense to protect ourselves against these cases, as the overhead is
rather thin. See the modified patch in attchement.

Note that I omitted reorder.test because I plan to delete it anyway, as
it's redundant with sort.test which is more complete.

Thanks,