Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for 0.43?

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for 0.43?
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:49:28 +0100

Hello people,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 11:21:55PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:

> > A patch that keeps "---" lines in 'quilt refresh' is here:
> >
> > http://developer.osdl.org/chrisw/quilt/quilt-refresh-linux-kernel-style.patch
> >
> > I don't know who wrote it.
>
> Well, I did :) And just as unsurprisingly, it is already merged in CVS:

> Tue Oct  4 18:43:42 CEST 2005 - address@hidden
>
> - scripts/patchfns.in: Prevent patch_header and patch_body from
>   mistakenly considering "---" alone on its header line as the
>   beginning of the patch body.

> This is one of the many reasons why I'd like to see the CVS version of
> quilt released as a new numbered version soon.

I need your expertise here. I seem to understand that it would close a bug
reported against the debian package and detailed here:
(quilt: Put diffstat behind a --- separator)

Could you please confirm/infirm?

Thanks a lot, I'm not a kernel hacker and don't read LKML.
Mt.

--
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.  And
if you