Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 3/3] Add an empty line

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 3/3] Add an empty line
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:08:41 +0200

Hi Ville,

> Add an empty line between "---" and diffstat output. Looks a little better
> IMHO and matches "The perfect patch" example :)

Others (including me) like it better without the empty line, and I've
seen both used by various people on LKML. The Perfect Patch is just an
example. I'd rather not change quilt's behavior every now and then, as
it's already questionable that we hardcoded this "---" in the first
place. If you or others are worried enough, what is really needed is
full template support, and we'd consider patches implementing that.