[Quilt-dev] Call for 0.46

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Call for 0.46
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:13:16 +0200

Hi all,

Let's release quilt 0.46 soon. There are people out there interested in
the new a-b-style patches feature. This is the only new feature since
0.45 as far as I can see, but there are also many bugfixes and
documentation updates, so 0.46 is essentially a maintenance release.

A few problems still need to be solved:
* A bug was reported in "make rpm", this needs to be investigated:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2006-07/msg00000.html
  Andreas?
* The diffstat and rpmbuild wrappers don't make sense (as is being
  discussed elsewhere on this list) and need to be replaced with
  symbolic links. This one is for me.
* Translations need to be updated. There are only 5 fuzzy translations,
  it should be rather straightforward. I'll take care of the French
  translation, I assume Andreas will take care of the German one. Yashi,
  can you submit a patch for the Japanese translation?

Everyone is invited to test the current CVS version of quilt and report
any problem. Greg, please test and confirm that the a-b-style patches
implementation suits your needs.

The target release date is September 27th.

Thanks,