Re: [Quilt-dev] Files in .pc with 000 permissions

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Files in .pc with 000 permissions
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:16:31 -0400

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 07:46:21PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Could someone refresh my memory as to why quilt creates files in .pc
> with 000 permissions?

I believe it's an artifact of GNU patch.  I think lots of users agree
that it's annoying.  Everything from rsync to doxygen complains about
those files.

Markus Oberhumer posted a patch back in June that supposedly fixed it
(at least for him), but his messages are marked no-archive so it's not
in the archived thread ("Sane permissions: no more mode 000 files").

                                                  -Dave Dodge