[Quilt-dev] Files in .pc with 000 permissions

From: Josh Boyer
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Files in .pc with 000 permissions
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:46:21 -0500

Hi All,

Could someone refresh my memory as to why quilt creates files in .pc
with 000 permissions?  It only does it for brand new files being added
to the patch.  I seem to recall there being a good reason, but I can't
remember what that is.

It's sort of annoying, in that there are a few times it can bite a user.
For example, rsync'ing a tree between two machines while patches are
applied.  Or tar'ing a tree up, etc.

josh