Re: [Quilt-dev] easy patch from debian: unset posix strict conformance v

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] easy patch from debian: unset posix strict conformance variables
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:20:38 +0100

Hi Martin,

Le vendredi 11 décembre 2009 17:52, Martin Quinson a écrit :
> as you know, there is a bunch of patches in the debian packages that
> should be integrated directly into the quilt git repository.
>
> Instead of flooding you with all of them, I'll try to submit with them
> one after the other, so that we can discuss them in order.

Good idea.

> The first one is very trivial, as you can see in attachment.

Comments:

In general, I am fine with the patch's idea.

While I couldn't find documentation about POSIXLY_PEDANTIC and
_POSIX2_VERSION, experience shows that they have no effect when
POSIXLY_CORRECT isn't set. So I wouldn't bother unsetting them.

Your patch fixes quilt itself but not the test suite. If
POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, the test suite breaks on create-delete.test
due to a non-interactive use of patch. So we should either run the
whole test suite with POSIXLY_CORRECT unset, or at least unset it
in create-delete.test.

As I recall, you have write access to the quilt repository, so you
should be able to commit the patch yourself once fixed?

Thanks,
Suse L3