[Quilt-dev] Apply many patches using 2 or more series files

From: Dely Nicolas
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Apply many patches using 2 or more series files
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:07:01 +0200

Hello all,

This is my first post on this list, so I would like to thank you for this tool
because I heavily use it to apply patches.

So I need to apply many patches so quilt was very interesting for it but I do
not to achieve my goal.

For example I get directfb software and we have to manage many changes
depending on arch (noarch, x86, sh4). An we would like to apply one or more
series file of patches depending on ARCH
directfb/patches-noarch/patch1.patch
directfb/patches-noarch/patch2.patch
directfb/patches-noarch/series (patch1.patch + patch2.patch)
directfb/patches-sh/patch3.patch
directfb/patches-sh/patch4.patch
directfb/patches-sh/series (patch3.patch + patch4.patch)
directfb/patches-x86/patch5.patch
directfb/patches-x86/patch6.patch
directfb/patches-x86/series (patch5.patch + patch6.patch)

I would like to do something like that (pseudo code):

if [ -s directfb/patches-noarch/series ]; then \
    cd $(DIRECTFB_DIR); \
    QUILT_PATCHES=directfb/patches-noarch quilt push -va ; \
  fi; \
  if [ -s directfb/patches-$(ARCH)/series ]; then \
    cd $(DIRECTFB_DIR); \
    QUILT_PATCHES=directfb/patches-$(ARCH) quilt push -va ; \
  fi

But I does not work because a series of patch has already been applied =>
.pc/applied_patches (contains patch1.patch and patch2.patch) and the series
file in patches-x86 and patches-sh does not contain them so quilt push says:
"File series fully applied, ends at patch patch2.patch"

Have you any idea to do this kind of thing?

The workaround should be to copy patches from each directories to another one
and concat the series files

Regards,

Nicolas