Re: [Quilt-dev] Question about quilt setup on a series file

From: Andreas Grünbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Question about quilt setup on a series file
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 18:01:05 +0100

Jean,

> Was the support of series files as a source for "quilt setup" added as
> a way to test that command, or does it have real-world use cases? Me, I
> am only running "quilt setup" on spec files.

generating the series file from a spec file is very expensive and can even
fail for spec files which are doing weird things, so the idea was to allow the
user to bring its own series file; quilt setup would then turn that
series file into
a working tree. I don't know if anybody is actually using that; I'm not anymore.

Andreas